Thursday 8 April 2010

Soundtacks for Media Product

Sound for Production Logo

The sound for our production logo was chosen from:
http:// music-for -video.com


Soundtrack for Final Opening Sequence

To get the best suited soundtrack for our film we researched into popular music types and genres for teen movies and rom coms. In the begining we thought of conducting an instrumntal soundtrack but to avoid more than we could take on we looked into other ways of how we could acomplish this task.

We listened to examples such as the soundtrack of High School Musical and The Lizzie McGuire Movie and The Princess Diaries.

Later we found a suitable soundtrack from a Music producer on Myspace. Dominique, a member of our group then went on to email  the producer asking for permission to use his music for our soundtrack.



Here's a copy of the email:

Hello,

I'm Dominique, a media student from Harris Academy in the UK currently in the process of completing my coursework for my AS level qualification.

This requires me to produce a film opening. For the film opening I require a piece of music to go with my work, matching the genre etc. I have found the perfect piece.

Cutting to the chase, would it be possible for me to use your guitar piece called "The Clap"?

I am not allowed to include any copyrighted material in my coursework unless given permission to do so. I do not intend to use the piece to gain any sort of income/profit or monetary advantage.

This piece of music fits perfectly with my coursework and I would greatly appreciate being able to use it in my work. All credits go to Steve Howe for the music.

The soundtrack of Princess Diaries:


No comments:

Post a Comment